The Rover 110 was produced from 1962 to 1964, during this period 1534 cars were built. The model replaced the Rover 100 and incorporated the following basic differences:

The engine was increased in power by the introduction of the "Weslake" head and larger bore carburettor initially developed to increase performance of the Rover 3 litre (P5). Power was 123 bhp giving a top speed in excess of 100 mph. Fuel consumption was 18 - 23 mpg.

Many other 3 litre components were also used, for example the instruments and wheel discs. Initially the doors of the 110 were manufactured in aluminium alloy but were changed early in the production run to steel.

Overdrive on top gear was standard but to avoid overstressing, which was possible with the increased performance, the kick down facilty was removed. The car is the most relaxed high speed cruiser of the P4 range and today can keep up a good pace in modern traffic except on winding roads where the handling is not up to modern standards due in part to the 60/40 front to rear weight distribution.

The Rover 110

The engine bay of Barry Kensett's Rover 110

Click here to return to list of models

Click here to return to contents page



©B.Kensett 2014